John Coltrane Archival Tape Edition No. 3
"A Love Supreme" is the most famous and successful studio album of jazz saxophonist John Coltrane and still considered his masterpiece. Recorded in December 1964 at Van Gelder Studios in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, USA, this record has been selected from the Universal Music Archive for our Archival Tape Edition.
Cut directly from a completely unedited 1:1 copy of the original tape provided by Universal Music, one has never been closer to the artist, the original sound waves and music history.
- Hand-Cut 12" Mastercut Record
- Hand-Printed Letterpress Cover Artwork
- Limited* and numbered
In addition to the high-quality sound carrier, this edition contains valuable, partly historical accompanying documents:
- A Love Supreme, a Minolta EP 410Z copy of the original notes by John Coltrane
- One Instant Polaroid photograph of John Coltrane after an original photo by Bob Thiele
- One Instant Polaroid photograph of the Supersense Livingroom Studio
- Polaroid Photograph of a microscopic view of the real groove of "Pursuance".
- A "How To Caress" Info Sheet
- One set of white gloves for proper handling of your Mastercut
- "Project Mastercut. An Introduction to Editions" by Florian "Doc" Kaps
- Notes by the Cutting Engineer at the Supersense Studio