William Steinberg / Boston Symphony Orchestra Archival Tape Edition No. 5 - Also Sprach Zarathustra
Maybe some of the most famous and most powerful minutes in classical music history!! Super carefully cut into finest Japanese Lacquer discs by our experienced Mastercut cutting engineers here in the heart of Vienna. An incredible listening experience, impossible to be described by words. Best to be experienced with your eyes closed, sitting in your favourite chair. Can't thank our friends from Deutsche Grammophon enough for making the original tapes of this truly legendary recording available for our series!
- Solo-Violine: Joseph Silverstein
- Conductor: William Steinberg
- Orchestra: Boston Symphony Orchestra
- A Minolta EP 410Z copy of the recording protocol, Deutsche Grammophon Gesellschaft. March, 1971.
- Cyanotype of William Steinberg after an original photo © courtesy of BSO archives.
- A Minolta EP 410Z copy of an original photo of the Supersense livingroom studio. Photographer: Ákos Burg, 2021.
- A Polaroid of a microscopic view of the real groove.
- "How to caress", by Florian Doc Kaps. An info sheet about the Supersense master records and how to care for them.
- "Project Mastercut", by Florian Doc Kaps. An introduction to the editions.
- Von den Hinterweltlern
- Von der großen Sehnsucht
- Von den Freuden und Leidenschaften
- Das Grablied
- Von der Wissenschaft
- Der Genesende (Teil 1)
- Der Genesende (Teil 2)
- Das Tanzlied